Data management process re-architecture to achieve 100% coverage of account receivables data capture and reconciliation for global services company
- Multiple disparate finance systems, with different languages, dimensions and local finance teams in an acquisitive environment meant finance could not see 100% of billing and debt positions by customer.
- Inability to manage client receivables centrally, track debt provision and project revenues.
- Implement a data workflow locally within each finance team to conform to a central data dictionary and standards.
- Develop centralized functions, such as currency conversion, dimension standardization and a link to a single client register.
- Central control and oversight of debt and recovery, leading to a 40% reduction in debtor days.
- Intervention leading to a 5% reduction in regretted customer churn.